Now, I know you might be thinking: Pfft I know how to record an UTAU bank, I don't need this crappy tutorial.
But do you really?
I mean it doesn't hurt to just take a few minutes reading this tutorial, I mean you might learn something new.
So here is a table of contents:
1. Recording equipment and environment and setup
2. How to use Oremo to record
3. How to use Audacity to record
4. Things to do to improve your bank quality: Pronunciation and Wave Distortion
1. Recording equipment and environment
Okay, I hear that a fair amount of people on dA who use UTAU (I may be mistaken, this is my deduction based loosely off only a few pieces of evidence) have a decent-ish mic, which is great and all, but if you can't get a high quality $50+ (I hear the quality starts being good at around $100... HIGHLY recommend the Snowball which is less than $10